1) The reproduction by whatever means of the whole or any part of any Image (including without limitation, slide projection, artist’s reference, artist’s illustration, layout or presentation of Images) is strictly forbidden without our specific written permission. You must inform Guildford Photographer of your proposals as to when and how an Image is intended to be used. We will then consider whether we will grant a licence and if so, on what terms.
2) No reproduction rights are granted by virtue. Your right to reproduce an Image arises only if (a) licence terms are agreed and (b) our invoice relating to the photograph(s) of such is fully paid. Any reproduction before payment of the invoice or outside the terms of any agreement is deemed to constitute an infringement of © copyright act 1988.
3) Reproduction rights are strictly limited to the Client of time and specified on Guildford Photographer invoice. An agreement must be reached with Guildford Photographer before any pictures are used other than as specified and agreed.
a) Images are supplied to the Client as specified on the Guildford Photographer invoice, exclusively usage rights are offered to the Client for an additional 50% fee.
b) Reproduction rights granted are specifically to the Client and as such may not be assigned, loaned or transferred to any third parties. Failure to comply is in breach of copyright.
c) Any reproduction rights granted are by way of licence and no partial or other assignment of copyright shall be implied.
d) Guildford Photographer reserves the right to refuse to supply or grant a reproduction licence to a third party when requested to do so by the Client or any other organisation.
4) Once the Client has made a booking for a specific time and date, Guildford Photographer will not accept any other work from other clients for those times and dates. As a result, once a booking is made, if it is subsequently cancelled, a cancellation fee will be charged to the client according to the following schedule. When a client cancels a booking within one week of any confirmed date, a fee of 50% of the booked time rate will be charged. When a client cancels photography within 3 days of any confirmed date, a fee of 100% of the booked time rate will be charged. In addition to this cancellation fee, the client will be charged for any expenses incurred.
5) Images shall not be altered, adapted or manipulated, added to, or have any part deleted without our prior written consent.
6) Unless a rejection fee has been agreed in advance, the Client has no right to reject photographs or images on the basis of style, composition or editing.
7) The Client agrees to indemnify Guildford Photographer in respect of any claims or damages or any costs arising in any manner from the reproduction without proper reproduction rights of any picture supplied to the Client by Guildford Photographer.
8) These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by the laws of England and Wales and the parties agree to submit the jurisdiction of the English courts, such jurisdiction to be exclusive, save for infringement of copyright or non payment of our invoices where it will be non-exclusive. However if our business address specified overleaf is in Scotland then these terms and conditions shall be governed by the laws of Scotland and the parties agree to submit to the jurisdiction of the Scottish courts, such jurisdiction to be exclusive, save for infringement of copyright or non payment of our invoices where it will be non-exclusive.
9) Guildford Photographer retains the copyright at all times, as such has the right to use any photograph(s) for promotion and adverting purposes (for example on Guildford Photographer website). This Agreement shall be subject to and constructed according to English Law and the parties agree to accept the exclusive direction of the Courts of England. No variation of terms and conditions set out herein shall be effective unless agreed in writing by both parties.
10) Guildford Photographer retains the copyright at all times, as such has the right to use any photograph(s) for promotion and adverting purposes, (eg: Guildford Photographer website).
Standard Payment Terms:
Payment should be made via BACS, payment details are supplied on the invoices. All invoices are subject to VAT. Our terms are strictly payment in full prior to release of ‘images’ (high or Low res) unless agreed in advance. If payment is not made in accordance with our standard terms, Guildford Photographer may rescind this Agreement and recover damages, and may exercise its statutory right to add interest under the Late Payment Of Commercial Debts (Interest) Act 1998.